Navigation

HomeHomeAboutContactHome

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Revlon, Smashbox, Shiseido &...Crayola

So I have a mini haul for you guys! I went into Shoppers Drug Mart for Revlon ColorStay foundation and I came out with a couple extras, of course. But how could I not, they were on sale! So first- the foundation was $19.49, regular price. Then as I was heading to the checkout I found my favourite Shiseido Eyelash Curler on sale for $12 down from $20 and Smashbox O-Plump on sale for $10 down from $28!! See now you understand why I couldn't just walk by. As for the Crayola, well I've been seeing alot of hair chalking videos lately and thought I would give it a go. I know this type of chalk is not the best chalk to use for chalking but I still have seen reviews with it and since I couldn't find the other kind this will have to do. Once I try it out I will let you guys know. :)


Let's start with the Smashbox O Gloss. It says on the tube "Intuitive Lip Plumper with Goji Berry-C Complex" The Intuitive part of this is that it comes out of the tube/goes on clear but within a minute or two it turns into "your own custom shade of pink", it's really neat! When I put it on it felt quite tingly but not enough that it bothered me. It goes on smooth and silky not goopy like some other glosses. It smells minty and tastes fine too. Overall (note this is only after my first use) I think it is a great gloss but now I'm afraid I will fall in love with it and have to pay full price! But after reading around I think it can be found on Ebay cheaper than in store so if you wanna give it a try I would suggest you go there first- or check your local Shoppers, maybe the sale is on in your area too!
Next onto the eyelash curler. I bought this originally back in the summer because, of course, I had seen/ heard great things about it online. And boy were they right. I didn't really think one eyelash curler could be any different from the rest but this really is, somehow. I find it opens wider than other brands, so I feel more control, and its flatter so it gets more of my lashes. It just feels so comfortable and it never rips my lashes out. There's not much else to say except that I highly recommend this curler!

As for the foundation, I really can't give a review quite yet as I haven't tried it. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype though.  But I can tell you that I bought it in 150-Buff and I bought the normal/dry skin type. They also had it for oily skin. This foundation says it wears for up to 16 hours and also has an SPF15 which is great. Once I try it for a while I will let you guys know what I think.

Lastly, the Crayola chalk. Yet again, I haven't tried this but I'm so excited to see how it will turn out! I opted for the Crayola chalk as it had more colour choices in the pack as opposed to the big thick pieces that I saw at the dollar store. This was only $1.69 so I'm really not out much if it doesn't work out.
Oh and one more thing, I want to share my receipt with you! If we take the regular priced foundation and the chalk out of the equation I spent $22, and saved $26. Now that's what I like to see!
Have you guys tried any of these products? If so, let me know what you think!




11 comments:

  1. i LOVEEE revlon colorstay foundation- definitely the best coverage and it has amazing staying power! i wore it on my wedding day in the florida heat, and it looked great all night!

    New Follower! Can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I hope it works as well for me as it has for you. It's my first day trying it out and so far so good!

      Thanks for the follow! :)

      Delete
  2. how are those eyelash curlers? any good?
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO good! I don't know exactly what it is that makes it good but this is my second time buying it and my other one still works perfectly fine so that must say something! :)

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good things about Revlon Colorstay foundation, you have reminded me to go and pick it up!

    Sharleena xx
    markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah check it out for sure, I'm liking it so far!

      Taylor

      Delete
  4. im glad you reviewed the smash box product because I've been wanting to try it and now i definitely will!

    great blog! now following.
    notoriouseyes.blogspot.com


    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my new fav so I definitely recommend that! So crazy how it goes on clear and then magically turns to the right pink shade for you.

      Thanks for the follow, i'm now following your too! :)

      Delete
  5. looking forward to seeing how this chalk thing works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog! Check it out:

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ~Gina xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used the Revlon foundation for a while a couple years ago, but I think it made me break out! I have really sensitive skin though! Hope it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...